1/1 Photo of Salmon and Asparagus Lasagne
1 hr 30 mins
Another wonderful recipe from Sophie Grigson. This beautiful dish does require some effort. When fresh asparagus is in season this is an absolute joy. You must make your own bechamel sauce otherwise there is no point. If you really want to impress somebody then this is the dish to make. . . .
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 500 g fresh asparagus
- 500 g fresh salmon fillets
- 250 g lasagna sheets (lasagne verde if possible)
- 30 g freshly grated parmesan cheese
For the Bechamel sauce
- 1First make the bechemel. Stud the onion halves with the cloves and put them in a pan with the bay leaves and the milk. Heat until hot but not boiling, turn the heat down to an absolute minimum and leave to infuse for 20 minutes.
- 2Discard the onion, cloves and bay leaves, put the saffron into a small dish and infuse in 1 tbsp boiling water.
- 3Melt the butter in a large saucepan then add the flour, stir for 1 minute and take off the heat and gradually add the hot infused milk.
- 4Return to the heat, add the dill if using and gently simmer for 10 minutes stirring constantly until as thick as quite thick pouring cream.
- 5Season with salt, pepper and nutmeg and stir in the saffron, taste and adjust seasoning if necessary.
- 6While the sauce is simmering, simmer the asparagus over a medium heat for 4 minutes only and run under a cold tap to halt the cooking process. It should be slightly underdone.
- 7Slice the salmon thinly at a 45 degree angle across the grain
- 8Preheat the oven to 200C/400°F.
- 9To assemble the lasagne you need a large oven proof dish. Start with a thin layer of bechemel, then a layer of lasagne DO NOT OVERLAP THE LASAGNE SHEETS.
- 10More bechemel then all of the asparagus in a single layer, cover with bechemel then another layer of lasagne.
- 11Another thin layer of bechemel, then the slices of salmon and more bechemel to cover.
- 121 more layer of lasagne sheets, the rest of the bechemel and finish with the parmesan cheese on top.
- 13Bake for 45 minutes until the top is nicely browned.
Browse Our Top Saltwater Fish Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Saltwater Fish Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Salmon and Asparagus Lasagne
Serving Size: 1 (260 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 689.9
- Calories from Fat 236
- Total Fat 26.2 g
- Saturated Fat 13.5 g
- Cholesterol 109.8 mg
- Sodium 440.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 70.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.7 g
- Sugars 5.3 g
- Protein 42.1 g
The following items or measurements are not included: