Recipe by -Sylvie-
I found this in a supermarket magazine and adapted it to suit my taste. It's really simple to make but looks impressive enough to serve to guests.
- 13 ounces puff pastry, chilled and rolled out (375g)
- 4 (4 ounce) skinless salmon fillets
- 4 teaspoons green pesto sauce, good quality
- 12 asparagus spears
- 1 egg, beaten
- salt, to taste
- fresh ground black pepper, to taste
Directions See How It's Made
- Pre-heat your oven to 425°F/220°C/Gas 7 and place a baking tray in the oven to heat up as well.
- Unroll your puff pastry sheets and cut into four 6inch (15cm) squares.
- Place each salmon fillet diagonally onto one of the pastry squares and spread 1 tsp of the pesto onto each fillet.
- Place three asparagus spears on top of each of the fillets.
- Fold the two corners of the pastry over the salmon and asparagus and pinch together to seal them, making four individual parcels.
- Brush the pastry parcels with the beaten egg or alternatively you can use milk.
- Remove your hot baking tray from the oven and place the parcels on it.
- Bake for 20-25minutes until the fish is cooked and the pastry golden.
- Allow to rest for about 5 minutes before serving.