1/2 Photos of Salmon and Asparagus 'almost En Croute'
I found this in a supermarket magazine and adapted it to suit my taste. It's really simple to make but looks impressive enough to serve to guests.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Pre-heat your oven to 425°F/220°C/Gas 7 and place a baking tray in the oven to heat up as well.
- 2Unroll your puff pastry sheets and cut into four 6inch (15cm) squares.
- 3Place each salmon fillet diagonally onto one of the pastry squares and spread 1 tsp of the pesto onto each fillet.
- 4Place three asparagus spears on top of each of the fillets.
- 5Fold the two corners of the pastry over the salmon and asparagus and pinch together to seal them, making four individual parcels.
- 6Brush the pastry parcels with the beaten egg or alternatively you can use milk.
- 7Remove your hot baking tray from the oven and place the parcels on it.
- 8Bake for 20-25minutes until the fish is cooked and the pastry golden.
- 9Allow to rest for about 5 minutes before serving.
Browse Our Top Saltwater Fish Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Saltwater Fish Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Salmon and Asparagus 'almost En Croute'
Serving Size: 1 (262 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 666.1
- Calories from Fat 362
- Total Fat 40.3 g
- Saturated Fat 9.9 g
- Cholesterol 111.2 mg
- Sodium 328.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 43.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.2 g
- Sugars 1.3 g
- Protein 31.7 g
The following items or measurements are not included: