Prep 5 mins
Cook 2 mins
Healthy, delicious, quick, and easy meal. Can easily be doubled.
Make and share this Salmon and Arugula Salad With Dijon Vinaigrette recipe from Food.com.
- 2 (4 ounce) salmon fillets (bones and skin removed)
- seasoning (Paul Prudhomme's blackened fish magic or seasoning of your choice)
- drizzle olive oil (optional)
- 1 -2 carrot, cut into ribbons using a vegetable peeler
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1⁄2 teaspoon prepared horseradish sauce
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- garlic, to taste
- salt and pepper
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Heat non stick skillet on medium/high heat.
- For dressing: In a large bowl combine dijon, horseradish, vinegar, salt, and pepper, and garlic. Whisk well. While wisking drizzle in 2 tablespoons olive oil.
- Drizzle a very small amount of oil (optional) onto fish filet. Sprinkle liberally with seasoning of choice.
- Cook salmon in skillet just until done turning once. If using thin fillets this should take very short amount of time, i.e. 2-5 minutes.
- Place arugula in bowl that dressing was made. Toss well to combine.
- Place dressed salad into two serving bowls. Top with carrot ribbons and hot cooked salmon.
I used already poached salmon that I had on hand to make this and horseradish sauce left over from Germany and Eastern Europe! What a great way to use left-overs! Loved the richness of the salmon against the bite of the rocket and horseradish. Delicious.