Recipe by TheDancingCook
Sally is my Mom and these peppers are the best! And Mom always knows best, so these peppers are it! If you like extra sauce, you may want to add extra tomato sauce and tomato soup; melt shredded cheddar on top of each pepper, if desired.
Top Review by Indiana Debbie
This is the same recipe I use except for the tomato sauce. I cook mine on top the stove for about one hours. We love them served with mashed potatoes with some of the sauce on top.
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 cup Minute Rice, uncooked
- 1 (8 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can tomato soup
- 4 whole green peppers
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Wash peppers, cut off stem and take out seeds.
- When cutting off the stem, make a big enough circular cut on the top of pepper for stuffing; almost entire top of pepper is cut off.
- Mix beaten egg, rice and raw ground beef and stuff into peppers and place into a casserole dish.
- Cover with tomato soup, tomato sauce and add 1/2 soup can of water to dish.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 1 hour.