Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 15 mins
Cook 40 mins
Sally was an old Irish neighbor who promised me that this recipe was so easy that even "non-Irish" people like me could make it. She was right! Now I can also celebrate St. Pat's Day with some yummy soda bread!
- Mix flour, baking powder, baking soda, and sugar.
- Cut in butter until consistency of cornmeal.
- Add raisins to mix.
- Add vinegar to milk to make sour milk.
- Mix egg into sour milk.
- Pour milk mixture into flour mixture just until flour is wet.
- Do not overmix!
- Grease a cast iron skillet or loaf pan with Pam or butter.
- Pour mixture into pan.
- Take a knife and slash an X down the middle of batter.
- Bake at 350-375 degrees for 40-45 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean.
Great easy bread! I slightly over cooked mine on 375 for 40 min. Next time I'll try 350. Still was yummy for my tummy. Thanks for the recipe!