Sally was an old Irish neighbor who promised me that this recipe was so easy that even "non-Irish" people like me could make it. She was right! Now I can also celebrate St. Pat's Day with some yummy soda bread!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Mix flour, baking powder, baking soda, and sugar.
- 2Cut in butter until consistency of cornmeal.
- 3Add raisins to mix.
- 4Add vinegar to milk to make sour milk.
- 5Mix egg into sour milk.
- 6Pour milk mixture into flour mixture just until flour is wet.
- 7Do not overmix!
- 8Grease a cast iron skillet or loaf pan with Pam or butter.
- 9Pour mixture into pan.
- 10Take a knife and slash an X down the middle of batter.
- 11Bake at 350-375 degrees for 40-45 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean.
Browse Our Top Quick Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Sally's Irish Soda Bread
Serving Size: 1 (695 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1987.6
- Calories from Fat 544
- Total Fat 60.4 g
- Saturated Fat 35.3 g
- Cholesterol 359.1 mg
- Sodium 1855.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 325.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 9.4 g
- Sugars 110.5 g
- Protein 40.8 g