1/5 Photos of Sally's Christmas Shortbread
My sister Sally is an excellent cook and this shortbread is one of my favorite things to bake during the holidays. It smells fantastic and tastes wonderful with a hot cup of coffee.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Beat butter, brown sugar, orange zest, ginger and cloves until fluffy.
- 2Stir in baking soda and flour.
- 3Divide dough in half.
- 4Press into (2) 8" round ungreased baking pans.
- 5Bake in a 350 degree fahrenheit oven for 25 minutes or until the tops are dry and cracked, and the edges are slightly higher than the center.
- 6Cool in the pans for 5 minutes.
- 7Cut into wedges.
- 8Prick each wedge with the tines of a fork.
- 9Cool and dust with confectioner's sugar.
- 10Store tightly covered.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Sally's Christmas Shortbread
Serving Size: 1 (45 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 16
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 213.6
- Calories from Fat 105
- Total Fat 11.7 g
- Saturated Fat 7.3 g
- Cholesterol 30.5 mg
- Sodium 86.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 26.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.6 g
- Sugars 13.3 g
- Protein 1.8 g