Recipe by Sassy Syrah
I made this for the first time for my MIL's birthday. It was the first time I had cooked for the "family" and she loved it so much that she makes it for her own dinner parties quite often now.
Top Review by Barb G.
This salmon is the best, so easy to make. I did use lemon zest instead of lime. The sauce, I used Zesty honey mustard. The sauce was delicious with the salmon. I will be making this soon for guest. Thank you Claire for posting.
- 2 lebanese cucumbers
- 2 cups water
- 1⁄2 cup white wine
- 1 tablespoon lime zest
- 2 sprigs dill, dried works okay about 1/2 tsp
- 4 salmon fillets
- 1⁄2 cup good quality egg mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons grainy mustard
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- salt and pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Using a vegetable peeler make the cucumber into long wide strips.
- Set aside.
- Put the water, wine, zest, and dill in a deep frying pan.
- Bring it up to the boil.
- Reduce heat to a simmer.
- Add salmon.
- Simmer for 5-6 mins until the fish flakes easily.
- For the sauce combine ingredients in a bowl.
- Season well.
- Serve salmon on a bed of the cucumber, make it look really pretty.
- Drizzle with the sauce.
- Serve with salad and bread rolls.