Prep 5 mins
Cook 6 mins
I made this for the first time for my MIL's birthday. It was the first time I had cooked for the "family" and she loved it so much that she makes it for her own dinner parties quite often now.
- 2 lebanese cucumbers
- 2 cups water
- 1⁄2 cup white wine
- 1 tablespoon lime zest
- 2 sprigs dill, dried works okay about 1/2 tsp
- 4 salmon fillets
- 1⁄2 cup good quality egg mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons grainy mustard
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- salt and pepper
- Using a vegetable peeler make the cucumber into long wide strips.
- Set aside.
- Put the water, wine, zest, and dill in a deep frying pan.
- Bring it up to the boil.
- Reduce heat to a simmer.
- Add salmon.
- Simmer for 5-6 mins until the fish flakes easily.
- For the sauce combine ingredients in a bowl.
- Season well.
- Serve salmon on a bed of the cucumber, make it look really pretty.
- Drizzle with the sauce.
- Serve with salad and bread rolls.
This salmon is the best, so easy to make. I did use lemon zest instead of lime. The sauce, I used Zesty honey mustard. The sauce was delicious with the salmon. I will be making this soon for guest. Thank you Claire for posting.