4 hrs 30 mins
As prepared by my mother-in-law.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Combine milk and butter in a saucepan and heat until lukewarm (105-115F). Pour into mixing bowl.
- 2Add eggs, sugar, salt, yeast, cardomon and 1 cup flour.
- 3Beat for 2 minutes with electric mixer.
- 4Gradually add flour, stirring by hand until the dough no longer sticks to the sides of the bowl.
- 5Place dough on a floured board and knead for 8-10 minutes.
- 6Transfer to a greased bowl and allow to rise until doubled in size.
- 7Punch dough down and divide in half then divide each half into 3 pieces.
- 8Roll each piece into a rope and create two braided loaves, each with three pieces.
- 9Place loaves in two greased bread pans, brush tops with melted butter and sprinkle with a mixture of cinnamon and sugar.
- 10Preheat oven to 350°F.
- 11Allow loaves to rise until doubled.
- 12Bake in oven, approximately 30 minutes.
Browse Our Top Yeast Breads Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Yeast Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Sally M's Swedish Coffee Bread
Serving Size: 1 (139 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 424.5
- Calories from Fat 106
- Total Fat 11.7 g
- Saturated Fat 6.6 g
- Cholesterol 80.0 mg
- Sodium 532.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 68.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.3 g
- Sugars 12.7 g
- Protein 10.6 g