3 hrs 25 mins
If you like Sally Lunn bread these are perfect for you. They are cake like, just like the bread and very simple to make but the dough is to sticky to handle so just spoon them into muffin cups or into a pan if the shape doesn't worry you. Great plain but adding the herbs will make them something special.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1In a small bowl combine the yeast , sugar, and milk. Let standtill frothy (about 10 minutes).
- 2In your mixer beat eggs and salt together till fluffy and pale yellow, about 5 minutes.
- 3Add the yeast mixture and beat till smooth.
- 4Add flour to the egg mixturein three additions with the butter, starting and ending with the flour. Add herbs if desired.
- 5Cover with plastic wrap and allow to rise in a warm place about 2 hours.
- 6Punch down dough with a wooden spoon.I use a large muffin scoop, and place in 18 lightly greased muffincups.
- 7Spray a piece of plastic wrap with pan and place sprayed side down over rolls.
- 8Allow to raise 45 minutes or until doubled.
- 9Uncover the rolls and lightly brush tops with egg/milk mixture.
- 10Bake aprox 25 minutes or till a toothpick in the center comes out clean -- do not over cook or the rolls will be dry.
Browse Our Top Rolls/Biscuits Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Sally Lunn Rolls
Serving Size: 1 (68 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 18
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 194.6
- Calories from Fat 66
- Total Fat 7.3 g
- Saturated Fat 4.0 g
- Cholesterol 74.3 mg
- Sodium 322.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 26.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.1 g
- Sugars 3.8 g
- Protein 5.6 g