Recipe by chuckzwood
This is a delicious, rich Sally Lunn that does not have yeast--making it very fast and easy to make. I often make this recipe as muffins, which are fantastic for snacking!!!
- 2 cups sifted flour
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 cup milk
- 1⁄2 cup shortening
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
Directions See How It's Made
- Pre-heat oven to 375 degrees.
- Sift flour with baking powder and salt.
- Combine egg and milk.
- Cream shortening and sugar together, and add flour alternately with liquid mixture.
- Place in greased 9"x5" loaf pan or muffin pan and bake for 30 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean.