Rich yeast bread baked in a tube or Bundt pan. From The Southern Living Cookbook.
My Private Note
10 inch ...
Units: US | Metric
- 1Dissolve yeast in warm water in a medium bowl; let stand 5 minutes.
- 2Stir in milk.
- 3Cream butter and sugar in a large bowl at medium speed of an electric mixer until light and fluffy; add eggs, beating well.
- 4Combine flour and salt; add to creamed mixture, beginning and ending with flour. Mix well after each addition. (Batter will be stiff.).
- 5Cover batter, and let rise in a warm place (85 deg.), free from drafts, 2 hours or until doubled in bulk.
- 6Spoon batter into a well-greased 10 inch tube pan or Bundt pan. Cover and let rise in a warm place, free from drafts, until doubled in bulk. Bake at 350 degs. for 50 to 60 minutes
- 7Remove bread from pan, and let cool on wire rack.
Browse Our Top Yeast Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Sally Lunn
Serving Size: 1 (90 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 270.8
- Calories from Fat 89
- Total Fat 9.9 g
- Saturated Fat 5.6 g
- Cholesterol 75.3 mg
- Sodium 274.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 38.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.2 g
- Sugars 5.7 g
- Protein 6.6 g