- These cookies should be mixed the evening before you want to bake them.
- They should be placed in a cold place or refrigerator overnight. Beat the 2 sugars, butter and lard together until well blended.
- Add the well beaten eggs and blend.
- Sift the dry ingredients together and add to creamed mixture. Put in the black walnuts (any nuts will do if you don't care for the black walnuts) and mix well.
- Make into a roll and wrap in waxed paper.
- The next morning take out of refrigerator and slice and bake in a 350 degrees oven.