Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
Comfort food updated with fresh mushrooms and just a touch of wine.
- 1 lb lean ground sirloin
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 8 ounces sliced cremini mushrooms or 8 ounces button mushrooms
- 2 tablespoons sweet vermouth or 2 tablespoons ruby port
- 1 (12 ounce) jar beef gravy
- Combine beef, parsley, garlic salt and pepper and shape into 4 (1/4 inch thick) patties.
- Heat a non-stick skillet until very hot, add patties and cook until browned on both sides, remove to a plate.
- Pour off pan fat, add butter and mushrooms, stir fry 2 minutes.
- Add vermouth and cook 1 minute scraping in any browned bits.
- Add gravy, stir, add beef patties, simmer over medium heat, turning once, until juices run clear.
Delicious, easy to prepare recipe. I did receive one complaint from DH that the gravy was a little too salty. I'll probably cut down on the amount of garlic salt the next time I prepare this.
yum....wonderful, homey comfort food. I didn't have jarred gravy so I substituted powdered gravy mix....don't do that!...it made it too salty. The slight hint of wine gave it a wonderful flavor.