1 hr 15 mins
This is a nice variation of Salisbury Steaks without the common addition of creamed soup. From the American Heart Association cookbook.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 1/2 lbs lean ground beef
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 medium onion, grated
- 3/4 teaspoon McCormick's salt-free all-purpose seasoning
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme, crushed
- 1/4 cup skim milk
- 3/4 ounce dried mushroom
- 1 cup hot water
- 1/2 cup beef broth, low-sodium
- 1/2 cup red wine
- 1/4 cup carrot, grated
- 3 tablespoons fresh parsley, snipped
- 1In a bowl, combine beef, flour, Worcestershire sauce, onion, and spices; blend gently thoroughly mixing all ingredients.
- 2Add milk and mix again.
- 3Shape into 8 patties, cover and refrigerate.
- 4Meanwhile, place mushrooms in a small bowl.
- 5Cover with hot water and soak 20 to 30 minutes; chop and set aside.
- 6Strain water through a paper towel into a clean bowl (this will remove any dirt).
- 7Save the liquid.
- 8Add enough beef broth to saved liquid to make 1 cup.
- 9Add red wine and stir well.
- 10Place a heavy nonstick skillet over medium-high heat.
- 11Add patties and brown them thoroughly on each side.
- 12Remove from skillet and drain on paper towels.
- 13Pour off any liquid in skillet and return skillet to heat.
- 14Add chopped mushrooms, liquids, and carrots to skillet.
- 15Bring liquid to a boil and reduce it by a third.
- 16Add beef patties, reduce heat and simmer 10 minutes.
- 17Sprinkle patties with parsley and serve hot.
- 18Serve with baked potatoes and fresh green salad, if desired.
Browse Our Top Mushroom Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Mushroom Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Salisbury Steaks With Mushroom Sauce (Low-Fat)
Serving Size: 1 (179 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 0.0
- Calories from Fat 0
- Total Fat 0.0 g
- Saturated Fat 0.0 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 0.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 0.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.0 g
- Sugars 0.0 g
- Protein 0.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
McCormick's salt-free all-purpose seasoning