Prep 0 mins
Cook 45 mins
I got this recipe from a friend years ago. It's quite tasty and especially good served with mashed potatoes. No prep time noted.
- 1 cup crushed saltine crackers
- 1⁄4 cup ketchup
- 1 tablespoon chopped onion
- 1⁄2 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground marjoram
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon chopped parsley
- garlic salt
- 1 can cream of mushroom soup
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 (4 ounce) can sliced mushrooms, drained
- Combine the first 12 ingredients and mix well.
- Shape into oval patties and place in a lightly greased baking dish.
- Heat together soup, butter and garlic salt.
- Pour over patties and cover with foil Bake in a preheated 350 degree oven for about 45 mins.
- During the last 10 mins of baking add mushrooms.
My husband and I loved this recipe (and he usually doesn't like anything "new")!! From basic ingredients usually on hand, easy to make, and yummy to eat! We had this with garlic mashies and a side of green beans one night...like mom's cooking at her best! Thanks Anita! B. Cherpak
I made this for dinner the other night and, while overall we enjoyed it, I had a dilemma with the preparation that caused me to deviate somewhat from the recipe. I was quite worried this would be way too greasy if the recipe was cooked as stated, as the fat coming out of the ground beef would be incorporated into the sauce. So I prepared the patties, baked them uncovered and without sauce for 40 minutes, then drained out all the fat and proceeded with the recipe, adding the sauce ingredients and covering the dish. My husband and I both liked the taste, and I appreciate that it was made completely with ingredients I already had in the fridge, freezer and cupboard. I served this with mashed potatoes and steamed green beans; thanks for a quick, easy meal!