Recipe by luvmybge
This is one of the best Salisbury Steak recipes I've ever had. It has just enough Zing to tantalize your tastebuds. I always double the sauce part of the recipe so there is plenty of gravy to go around, but you can decide for yourself. Sliced onions can be added on top of the steaks while simmering in the gravy. Serve over rice or mashed potatoes. These also freeze well.
- 1 can cream of mushroom soup
- 1 tablespoon prepared mustard
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon prepared horseradish
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1⁄4 cup breadcrumbs
- 1⁄4 cup fresh onion, minced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 1⁄2 lbs ground beef
Directions See How It's Made
- IN A BOWL BLEND: cream of mushroom soup, prepared mustard, Worcestershire Sauce, prepared horseradish.
- IN ANOTHER BOWL MIX: egg, bread crumbs, onion, salt, pepper, 1/4 cup soup mixture from above, and ground meat and mix well.
- Form into 6 patties.
- Brown patties on both sides (turning only once) on top of stove in lightly oiled pan.
- Mix remaining soup mixture with 1/2 cup of water.
- Add to pan.
- Cover and simmer 10-15 minutes or until beef is fully cooked.