Recipe by Atomic Girl Cooks!
Good old salisbury steak...(Note: I use Campbell's onion soup - not French onion soup)
Top Review by TheGrumpyChef
Very, very good. I loved all the mushrooms and the steaks were moist and flavorful, but I thought the sauce was a little to watery. I will cut back on the amount of water added next time. Thanks for posting. Made for PAC Spring 2009
- 2 cups sliced mushrooms
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 lb lean ground beef
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 small onion, chopped fine
- 1⁄4 cup breadcrumbs
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 (10 ounce) can condensed French onion soup
- 15 ounces water (1 1/2 soup cans)
Directions See How It's Made
- Saute mushrooms in butter. Remove mushrooms from pan and set aside.
- Mix together beef, egg, onion, bread crumbs, salt, pepper, and garlic powder. Form into 4 patties.
- Brown in same pan (add more fat if necessary).
- Add onion soup and water. Simmer 10 minute.
- Add mushrooms and heat through.