Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
I think I got this recipe from about.com.
- 1 1⁄2 lbs ground beef
- 1 (2 ounce) envelope dry onion soup mix, divided
- 1⁄4 cup dry breadcrumbs
- 1⁄4 cup milk
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 2 tablespoons oil or 2 tablespoons shortening
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1 1⁄2 cups water
- 1 (4 ounce) can sliced mushrooms, drained
- Gently but thoroughly mix beef, 3 tablespoons of the soup mix, crumbs, milk, and egg.
- Shape into 4 patties. Brown patties in skillet in oil; pour off excess fat.
- Add remaining onion soup mix and flour; gradually stir in water and mushrooms.
- Cover and cook over low heat for 20 minutes, stirring occasionally.