Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
Found years ago on Steph's Country Kitchen Goodness, a site gone and terribly missed!
- 1 1⁄2 lbs extra lean ground beef
- 12 ounces fat free beef gravy, divided
- 2 egg whites
- 1⁄2 cup breadcrumbs
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 small onion, thinly sliced
- 1⁄2 lb fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 1⁄4 cup water
- Combine beef, 1/4 cup gravy, egg whites, bread crumbs, salt, pepper and onion powder. Mix well and shape into 6 oval patties.
- Spray large frying pan with cooking spray. Brown patties over medium heat 4-5 minutes per side. Remove to a plate and keep warm.
- In same pan, saute onions and mushrooms until tender, stir in gravy and water and simmer for 1 monute. Return beef to skillet, cover and cook 10 minutes on low until beef is done.