Prep 30 mins
Cook 30 mins
This is the best Salisbury steak I have ever eaten. Try it, you wont be disappointed
Make and share this Salisbury Steak With Onion Gravy recipe from Food.com.
- 1 egg
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can condensed French onion soup, undiluted, divided
- 1⁄2 cup dry breadcrumbs
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 pinch pepper
- 1 1⁄2 lbs ground beef
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 1⁄4 cup ketchup
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1⁄2 teaspoon prepared mustard
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons cold water
- 6 cups hot cooked egg noodles
- chopped fresh parsley (optional)
- In a large bowl, beat egg.
- Stir in 1/3 cup of soup, bread crumbs, salt and pepper.
- Crumble beef over mixture; mix gently.
- Shape into six oval patties.
- In a skillet, brown patties over medium heat for 3-4 minutes on each side.
- Remove and set aside; drain.
- Add the water, ketchup, Worcestershire sauce, mustard and remaining soup to skillet; bring to a boil.
- Return patties to skillet.
- Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 15 minutes or until meat is no longer pink. Remove patties.
- Combine flour and cold water until smooth. Stir into pan.
- Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened.
- Serve patties and gravy over noodles.
- Garnish with parsley if desired.
This tasted just like it was suppose to. I made some changes I cooked the patties on the grill for 5 min to give it a grilled taste then put the sauce on them and put them in the oven at 375 for 45 min. I also doubled the sauce.
Excellant and so easy to make. I did not have a can of onion soup so I used the powder foarm- impravised- used a tablespoon in the meat and the rest in the broth. Highly reccomend making this.