Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
In my quest to find the best Salisbury Steak, I ran across this one which sounds really good.
- 1 egg
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can condensed French onion soup, undiluted, divided
- 1⁄2 cup dry breadcrumbs
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 pinch pepper
- 1 1⁄2 lbs ground beef
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 1⁄4 cup ketchup
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1⁄2 teaspoon prepared mustard
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons cold water
- 6 cups hot cooked egg noodles
- chopped fresh parsley (optional)
- In a large bowl, beat egg. Stir in 1/3 cup of soup, bread crumbs, salt and pepper. Crumble beef over mixture; mix gently. Shape into six oval patties.
- In a skillet, brown patties over medium heat for 3-4 minutes on each side. Remove and set aside; drain. Add the water, ketchup, Worcestershire sauce, mustard and remaining soup to skillet. Bring to a boil. Return patties to skillet. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 15 minutes or until meat is no longer pink. Remove patties. Combine flour and cold water until smooth. Stir into pan. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Serve patties and gravy over noodles. Garnish with parsley if desired.