Recipe by SouthernBell2627
This recipe came from a "Woman's World" magazine, 2005. I have not tried the recipe yet, but it sounds delicous. Recipe has been modified for posting purposes.
- 1 lb ground chuck
- 1 (1 1/4 ounce) envelope onion soup mix
- 1 tablespoon prepared horseradish, from a jar, drained
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄3 cup onion, chopped
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can diced tomatoes with juice
- 1 cup frozen peas
- 8 ounces egg noodles, cooked, drained
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine chuck, 3 tablespoons onion soup mix, horseradish, and Worcestershire sauce.
- Shape into 4 patties.
- In skillet, heat 1 tablespoon oil over medium heat.
- Add patties; cook, turning once, until no longer pink in the middle.
- Remove from skillet; cover with foil.
- In a small bowl, whisk flour, salt, and remaining soup mix into 1 cup water.
- In clean skillet, heat remaining oil over medium heat.
- Add onion; cook, stirring often, until softened
- Add tomatoes with juice; cover.
- Cook 3 minutes.
- Stir in peas and reserved flour mixture. Cook, stirring, until slightly thickened. Toss noodles with 2/3 cup of sauce; top with patties and remaining sauce.
- Makes 4 servings.