Recipe by jrthrmn
Super inexpensive and good.
Top Review by lazyme
Yum! Hard to believe no one has reviewed this before now. Their loss. lol. I made this pretty much as directed except that I sauteed fresh mushrooms and added a little white wine as a substitute for the mushroom liquid. Very nice dish and great sauce. Thanks for sharing. Made for Bargain Basement Tag.
- 1⁄2 lb ground beef
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 (2 ounce) can sliced mushrooms, drained (reserve liquid)
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 1 teaspoon instant beef bouillon or 1 beef bouillon cube
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix meat, salt and pepper; shape mixture into 2 oval patties.
- In 8-inch skillet, cook patties over medium heat, turning occasionally, until done, 8 to 12 minutes.
- Remove patties to warm plate.
- Cook and stir mushrooms in same skillet until light brown.
- Stir in flour.
- Cook over low heat, stirring until mixture is bubbly.
- Remove from heat.
- Add enough water to reserved mushroom liquid to measure 1/2 cup.
- Stir liquid and bouillon into flour mixture.
- Heat to boiling, stirring constantly.
- Boil and stir 1 minute.
- Pour on meat.
- Graet with mashed potatoes.