Recipe by bert
This is wonderful served with mashed potatoes, noodles or rice. You can also make Salisbury Pork Chops by using 6 chops each 1/2" thick. Then just cook them for 15-20 minutes in step 5.
Top Review by Grace B.
Simple and quick to make. It's important to brown the hamburger patties. I think the caramelization helps enhance the flavor and appearance of the gravy. I also added a 1/2 tsp paprika and an additional 1/2 cup of milk. Gravy has a good flavor.
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 6 hamburger patties (each about 1/2-inch thick)
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 onion, chopped
- 3⁄4 lb mushroom, sliced
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1 1⁄2 cups milk
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1⁄2 teaspoon paprika
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley, chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oil in large non-stick skillet.
- Cook patties approximately.
- 4 min per side.
- Season with salt& pepper.
- Remove from pan.
- Keep warm.
- Return pan to heat and add butter.
- Cook onions and mushrooms about 5 minutes or until tender.
- Sprinkle with flour.
- Cook 3 minutes longer.
- Add milk, worc.
- sauce, salt, pepper and paprika.
- Bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat.
- Cook gently, uncovered, 4-5 minutes.
- Return patties to pan and cook 5 minutes or til cooked through.
- Taste and adjust seasonings, if necessary.
- Sprinkle with parsley.
- **You can use thin minute steaks instead of hamburgers but cook steaks for 2 minutes in step 5 or til cooked through.