Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
This is wonderful served with mashed potatoes, noodles or rice. You can also make Salisbury Pork Chops by using 6 chops each 1/2" thick. Then just cook them for 15-20 minutes in step 5.
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 6 hamburger patties (each about 1/2-inch thick)
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 onion, chopped
- 3⁄4 lb mushroom, sliced
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1 1⁄2 cups milk
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1⁄2 teaspoon paprika
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley, chopped
- Heat oil in large non-stick skillet.
- Cook patties approximately.
- 4 min per side.
- Season with salt& pepper.
- Remove from pan.
- Keep warm.
- Return pan to heat and add butter.
- Cook onions and mushrooms about 5 minutes or until tender.
- Sprinkle with flour.
- Cook 3 minutes longer.
- Add milk, worc.
- sauce, salt, pepper and paprika.
- Bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat.
- Cook gently, uncovered, 4-5 minutes.
- Return patties to pan and cook 5 minutes or til cooked through.
- Taste and adjust seasonings, if necessary.
- Sprinkle with parsley.
- **You can use thin minute steaks instead of hamburgers but cook steaks for 2 minutes in step 5 or til cooked through.
Simple and quick to make. It's important to brown the hamburger patties. I think the caramelization helps enhance the flavor and appearance of the gravy. I also added a 1/2 tsp paprika and an additional 1/2 cup of milk. Gravy has a good flavor.
Enjoyed the flavours, thanks for sharing
Sounded promising from the reviews. Pics looked good. Followed recipe to the letter, but sauce looked gray not brown and was very bland...more like paste than a sauce.