Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
These are wonderful, easy to make,econmical, and I always have things on hand to make these. I have been making these for a long time, I think the recipe came from country cookin, but don't remember. Sometimes, I just make them in a skillet and put the sauce in with the steaks till warm and they are really good that way too. Anyway, of all these recipes I've tried this is our favorite. Hope you enjoy this old-fashion favorite.
- 1 tablespoon instant minced onion
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- 4 ounces canned mushrooms, liquid drained, and reserved
- 1 beef bouillon cube
- 1⁄4 teaspoon bottled browning sauce
Salisbury Steaks Mixture
- 1⁄3 cup minced onion
- 1⁄3 cup green pepper, minced
- 1⁄4 cup chopped celery
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 1⁄2 lbs ground beef
- 2 tablespoons minced chives or 2 tablespoons green onion tops
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1 dash paprika
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- In a small saucepan, melt butter and saute onion until soft.
- Stir in flour and pepper;blend well.
- Add mushrooms and bouillon.
- Add reserved mushroom liquid and enough water to make 1 1/4 cups; stir and cook until thickened.
- Stir in browning sauce.
- Keep warm while preparing steaks.
- Salisbury Steaks:.
- In a skillet, saute onion, green pepper, celery and garlic in butter over low heat.
- Remove from heat and add to remaining ingredients;mix well.
- Shape into six patties, about 3/4 in thick.
- Place on broiler rack
- Broil about 7 minutes; turn and broil about 5 minutes longer or until cooked through.
- Serve with sauce.