- 1 1⁄4 lbs ground sirloin
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon steak seasoning (Montreal Steak Seasoning good)
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 12 cremini mushrooms, sliced
- 12 shiitake mushrooms, chopped
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 cups beef stock
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine meat, Worcestershire, onion and steak seasoning.
- Form 2 large oval patties, 1" thick.
- Preheat large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add tablespoons of olive oil and the meat patties to a hot pan.
- Cook meat 6 minutes on each side until meat is evenly caramelized on the outside and juices run clear.
- Remove meat and cover with loose foil to keep warm.
- Add 1 tablespoons oil and the butter to the pan, then the mushrooms.
- Season with salt and pepper and sauté mushrooms until tender, 3-5 minutes.
- Add sprinkle of flour to pan and cook 2 minutes more.
- Whisk in beef stock and thicken 1 minute.
- To serve, pour gravy over Salisbury Steaks.
- Serve with mashed potatoes.