1/2 Photos of Salisbury Steak With Mushroom Gravy
A delicious blast from the past with great gravy. This is from Rachael Ray.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 1/4 lbs ground sirloin
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon steak seasoning (Montreal Steak Seasoning good)
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 12 cremini mushrooms, sliced
- 12 shiitake mushrooms, chopped
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 cups beef stock
- 1Combine meat, Worcestershire, onion and steak seasoning.
- 2Form 2 large oval patties, 1" thick.
- 3Preheat large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat.
- 4Add tablespoons of olive oil and the meat patties to a hot pan.
- 5Cook meat 6 minutes on each side until meat is evenly caramelized on the outside and juices run clear.
- 6Remove meat and cover with loose foil to keep warm.
- 7Add 1 tablespoons oil and the butter to the pan, then the mushrooms.
- 8Season with salt and pepper and sauté mushrooms until tender, 3-5 minutes.
- 9Add sprinkle of flour to pan and cook 2 minutes more.
- 10Whisk in beef stock and thicken 1 minute.
- 11To serve, pour gravy over Salisbury Steaks.
- 12Serve with mashed potatoes.
Browse Our Top Meat Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Meat Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Salisbury Steak With Mushroom Gravy
Serving Size: 1 (421 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 454.8
- Calories from Fat 276
- Total Fat 30.7 g
- Saturated Fat 10.9 g
- Cholesterol 107.4 mg
- Sodium 642.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 11.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.1 g
- Sugars 3.5 g
- Protein 33.1 g
The following items or measurements are not included: