A delicious blast from the past with great gravy. This is from Rachael Ray.
Make and share this Salisbury Steak With Mushroom Gravy recipe from Food.com.
- 1 1⁄4 lbs ground sirloin
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon steak seasoning (Montreal Steak Seasoning good)
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 12 cremini mushrooms, sliced
- 12 shiitake mushrooms, chopped
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 cups beef stock
- Combine meat, Worcestershire, onion and steak seasoning.
- Form 2 large oval patties, 1" thick.
- Preheat large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add tablespoons of olive oil and the meat patties to a hot pan.
- Cook meat 6 minutes on each side until meat is evenly caramelized on the outside and juices run clear.
- Remove meat and cover with loose foil to keep warm.
- Add 1 tablespoons oil and the butter to the pan, then the mushrooms.
- Season with salt and pepper and sauté mushrooms until tender, 3-5 minutes.
- Add sprinkle of flour to pan and cook 2 minutes more.
- Whisk in beef stock and thicken 1 minute.
- To serve, pour gravy over Salisbury Steaks.
- Serve with mashed potatoes.
Very tasty. I too made 4 patties. Easy to put together. I grated the onion instead of chopping and that made it even easier.
Delicious. We loved the steak seasoning flavor and the mushroom gravy. I did make four large patties instead of two to make more reasonable sized portions, and adjusted the cooking time. The mashed potatoes are a must!
These salisbury steaks are wonderful! I've made these several times. I usually make 4 or 5 patties and since I'm not good at making gravy I use a pkg. of mushroom gravy mix. Next time I'm going to try the gravy recipe but it's delicious even using a mix.