Prep 20 mins
Cook 25 mins
Another one from Southern Living. These are really good. I don't normally use the gravy envelopes, but it works good in this. Great served with mashed potatoes.
- 1 lb ground round
- 1⁄2 lb pork sausage
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 large egg
- 1⁄2 cup fine dry breadcrumb
- 1⁄4 cup mild salsa
- 2 tablespoons taco seasoning mix
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 (2 2/3 ounce) package country gravy mix
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can reduced-sodium beef broth
- 1 (10 ounce) can diced tomatoes with green chilies, undrained
- Combine first 7 ingredients and 1 tbsp cilantro. Shape mixture into 6 (1/3-inch thick) patties.
- Heat a lightly greased large nonstick skillet over medium high heat.
- Add patties, reduce heat to low, cover and cook 8-10 minutes per side or until center is no longer pink.
- Remove from skillet, wipe pan clean.
- Whisk together gravy mix, broth, tomatoes with chiles and remaining 1 tbsp cilantro.
- Cook over medium heat 1 minute or until thickened.
- Return patties to skillet and cook, until thoroughly heated.
This is beyond 5 stars!!! I also found this in SoutherLiving. The only changes I made was to use hot salsa and I doubled the gravy ingredients so there would be enought to go over mashed potatoes. This recipe is awesome. I find it a liitle on the hot side but hubby and others say it is just right. You gotta try this!!!!!