1/2 Photos of Salisbury Steak My Way
Karen From Colorado's Note:
The only frozen dinner I have ever cared to eat was the Banquet Salisbury steak with mashed potatoes and corn. I hate the potatoes (instant is just yuck), but do enjoy the rest of the meal so I decided to try to make my own. This is the results of my efforts and I must say, the taste is very close, but even better. This is cheap, easy and freezes very well. If you are going to freeze these then don't freeze them in the gravy. They are much better if the gravy is fresh. Be sure to cut the gravy ingredients if you are not using all the steaks. These can be frozen raw or already cooked.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1In a large bowl, beat eggs.
- 2Stir in soup/dip mix, bread crumbs, salt, pepper, garlic powder and Worcestershire sauce.
- 3Add beef; mix gently with wet hands.
- 4Press into thin oval shaped patties.
- 5Fry in a large skillet over medium heat until done, turning occasionally.
- 6Remove steaks and set aside.
- 7If gravy is desired then add 4 tablespoons of flour to the drippings in the pan; stirring until all the drippings are soaked into the flour.
- 8Add 4 cups of beef broth all at once; stirring constantly until thickened into gravy; season to taste.
- 9Add meat back to the pan of gravy; simmer until hot.
- 10Serve with mashed potatoes or cooked egg noodles.
Browse Our Top Meat Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Salisbury Steak My Way
Serving Size: 1 (277 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 435.5
- Calories from Fat 182
- Total Fat 20.3 g
- Saturated Fat 7.7 g
- Cholesterol 190.2 mg
- Sodium 1193.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 20.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.5 g
- Sugars 3.4 g
- Protein 39.8 g