Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
- 3 teaspoons instant minced onion, and
- 3 teaspoons water
- 2 lbs hamburger
- 1⁄2 cup pork rind, dust
- 2 teaspoons parsley
- 2 1⁄4 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon thyme
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 egg
- 1⁄3 cup heavy cream
- COMBINE instant minced onion & water & let stand 10 minute.
- MIX hamburger, onions, pork rind “dust, parsley, salt, thyme, garlic powder.
- BLEND egg & cream & add to meat mix—mix well.
- SHAPE into 6 oblong patties 3/4” thick.
- Broil until done.
- Cover with Mustard Sauce made of:
- 1t dry mustard & 1t warm water (mix & let stand for 10 mins), In small saucepan combine: 1/2c sour cream, 1T cream. Cook over low heat until hot then add mustard & salt.
- **Crush pork rinds into a fine “flour” or “dust" by processing in food processor or putting them in a plastic bag and crushing them with a rolling pin.
My husband had never had Salisbury Steak and I just remember TV dinners when we were kids. We are low carbing so I decided to try this recipe. It was really good, hubby loved it. I did make the sauce on the side, but he loved it without. I was shy on the hamburger meat, and I didn't use the pork rind, did'nt really need it and cuts back on the fat. I also used egg beaters. Will make again. Thanks
I have never tried to make salisbury steak..but this recipe made me seem like a pro at it. My husband raved about this recipe, and I was quite impressed myself..thanks you so much for sharing a recipe I will be making regularly!!
These were very good. Quick and very easy to make. The only change I made was I cut the salt 1 tsp and found that it was almost more than plenty. We enjoyed them, thank you. Made for PAC 2007.