Recipe by kmergirl
These are made with Banquet American Favorite's Salisbury Steaks in gravy, you find in the frozen section of most grocery stores. These simple pastry wraps are great served with the reserved gravy. Serve with a salad and you have a cheap meal.
Top Review by RedWonder
I'm not a frozen meal or salisbury steak eater, so when, by happenstance, I ended up with a family size salisbury steak frozen entree, I had no idea what to do with it. So I searched on 'zaar and found this. I was happy with the result - I'm sure I got a better response out of my family than if I had served just the entree in itself. DH even went back for seconds! I omitted the carrots as a personal preference and served the gravy on the side.
- 15 ounces refrigerated pie crusts
- 32 ounces salisbury steaks in gravy, thawed
- 2 carrots, sliced
- 4 green onions, chopped
- 2 tablespoons red wine
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground thyme
- 1⁄2 teaspoon parsley flakes
- 2 tablespoons milk
Directions See How It's Made
- Unfold pie crusts; remove plastic sheets and flour pie crusts according to package directions, except to do place in a pie tin. Cut each into 3 equal wedges, Place a few carrots and green onion on each pie crust wedge.
- Remove thawed salisbury steaks from package, reserving gravy.
- Place one salisbury steak on top of carrot and onion. Bring edges of pastry over meat. Moisten edges with water and pinch to seal. Place seam side down on a cookie sheet. cut small slit in top of each pastry wrap. Brush with milk. Bake at 425 oven 30 minutes until pastry is golden brown. In medium sauce pan, combine reserved gravy, wine, thyme and parsley. Cook until mixture is hot and bubbly. Serve gravy with pastry wraps.