Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
This is a very tasty dish, fast and easy to make.
- 453.59 g lean ground beef
- 283.49 g can condensed cream of mushroom soup, divided
- 118.29 ml Italian seasoned breadcrumbs
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 118.29 ml chopped onion
- 14.79 ml steak seasoning (recommended -- Montreal)
- 14.79 ml canola oil
- 29.58 ml butter, divided
- 226.79 g package sliced mushrooms
- 473.18 ml low sodium beef broth
- 34.01 g packet brown gravy mix
- In a large bowl, combine beef, 1/4 can mushroom soup, bread crumbs, egg, onions, and steak seasoning. Mix thoroughly and shape into 4 oval patties.
- Heat oil and 1 tablespoon butter in large skillet over medium-high heat. Brown patties on both sides and transfer to a plate.
- Add remaining butter and saute mushrooms for 7 to 8 minutes. Whisk beef stock and gravy mix until smooth and add to mushrooms. Stir in remaining mushroom soup.
- Return patties to skillet ad spoon gravy over top. Cover pan and simmer for 20 to 25 minutes.
- Serve over rice or mashed potatoes.
Pure comfort food. This was simple and very tasty. Thanks for sharing. Made for Bargain Basement Tag.