Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
This is a very tasty dish, fast and easy to make.
- 1 lb lean ground beef
- 1 (10 ounce) can condensed cream of mushroom soup, divided
- 1⁄2 cup Italian seasoned breadcrumbs
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1⁄2 cup chopped onion
- 1 tablespoon steak seasoning (recommended -- Montreal)
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 2 tablespoons butter, divided
- 1 (8 ounce) package sliced mushrooms
- 2 cups low sodium beef broth
- 1 (1 1/4 ounce) packet brown gravy mix
- In a large bowl, combine beef, 1/4 can mushroom soup, bread crumbs, egg, onions, and steak seasoning. Mix thoroughly and shape into 4 oval patties.
- Heat oil and 1 tablespoon butter in large skillet over medium-high heat. Brown patties on both sides and transfer to a plate.
- Add remaining butter and saute mushrooms for 7 to 8 minutes. Whisk beef stock and gravy mix until smooth and add to mushrooms. Stir in remaining mushroom soup.
- Return patties to skillet ad spoon gravy over top. Cover pan and simmer for 20 to 25 minutes.
- Serve over rice or mashed potatoes.
Pure comfort food. This was simple and very tasty. Thanks for sharing. Made for Bargain Basement Tag.