I found the basic recipe in the 2007 Taste of Home Annual Recipes. It was sent in to them by Toni Martin of Byron Center, Michigan.But I added alot of different things, also changed the way that it was prepared and cooked. Submitted to " ZAAR " on October 21, 2009.
- In a medium size bowl, add egg, milk,breadcrumbs, 1 Tablespoon gravy mix, onion, garlic powder, red pepper flakes, and ground beef.
- Mix all ingredients together, DO NOT over mix ( you do not want the meat to get dry ) divide meat mixture into two oblong patties, about 3/4 inch thick.
- Using a skillet large enough to hold both patties, fry over medium heat until desired doneness is reached ( I cooked mine for about 10 minutes total ).
- Remove patties from skillet, and keep warm.
- In the same pan that the patties were cooked in, ( if not using lean beef,drain "drippings " ) add rest of ingredients and stir until thickened and no lumps remain.
- Pour gravy over patties, eat and ENJOY !