I know there are a lot of salisbury steak recipes here on 'zaar, but this is my family's favourite, and I'm posting it for safe-keeping. My dog-eared magazine clipping is looking a bit the worse for wear! Tastes even better if made with leftover home-made gravy.
- Combine beef, onion, bread crumbs, seasoning, chili sauce, and egg in medium bowl.
- Shape into four 1/2 inch thick patties. (I like making oval shapes.).
- Spray 12 inch nonstick skillet with nonstick spray.
- Heat over medium heat until hot. Add patties and cook 4 to 6 minutes, turning once, until browned on both sides. Drain off excess fat, if needed.
- Add tomatoes, gravy, and potatoes. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat to medium low, cover, and simmer 10 to 15 minutes until potatoes are tender and beef is thoroughly cooked. Turn patties once during cooking and stir sauce often.
This is highly delicious! Easy to make and very tastey. I used Garlic & Herb bread crumbs cause this is what I had on hand. We loved it! Thanks so much for sharing this delicious recipe.