1/1 Photo of Salisbury Steak Deluxe
This is a very old recipe. I remember when I was first out on my own about 27 years ago, I made this dish. It is still just as good today. I had lost my original recipe which had come from a newspaper clipping, but just recently found it online at cheftochef.net. They received it from "Reminisce" Magazine posted by Debbie Carlson - Cooking Echo==Cortesy of Dale & Gail Shipp, Columbia MD.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 (10 ounce) can cream of mushroom soup, Undiluted
- 1 tablespoon mustard, Prepared
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon horseradish, Prepared
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup dry breadcrumbs
- 1/4 cup onion, Finely Chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 1/2 lbs ground beef
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 (4 ounce) can mushroom pieces
- 1In bowl, combine the soup, mustard, Worcestershie Sauce and horseradish.
- 2Blend Well and set Aside.
- 3In another bowl, lightly beat the egg.
- 4Add bread crumbs, onion, salt, pepper and 1/4 cup of the soup mixture.
- 5Add beef and mix well.
- 6Shape into six patties.
- 7In a large skillet, brown the patties in oil and drain.
- 8Combine remaining soup mixture with water and mushrooms.
- 9Pour over patties, cover and cook over low heat for 10-15 minutes or until meat is done.
- 10Remove patties to a serving platter and spoon sauce over meat.
Browse Our Top Meat Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Salisbury Steak Deluxe
Serving Size: 1 (228 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 364.8
- Calories from Fat 229
- Total Fat 25.5 g
- Saturated Fat 8.2 g
- Cholesterol 112.3 mg
- Sodium 668.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 8.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.6 g
- Sugars 1.9 g
- Protein 24.2 g