another salsbury steak recipe with a tang
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 egg
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can condensed French onion soup, undiluted, divided
- 1/2 cup dry breadcrumbs
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 pinch pepper
- 1 1/2 lbs ground beef
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/4 cup ketchup
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon prepared mustard
- 6 cups hot cooked egg noodles
- chopped parsley (optional)
- 1In a large bowl, beat egg.
- 2Stir in 1/2 cup of soup, bread crumbs, salt and pepper.
- 3Add beef; mix gently. Shape into six oval patties.
- 4Brown in a skillet over medium heat for 3-4 minutes on each side.
- 5Remove and set aside; discard drippings. In the skillet, combine flour and water until smooth; add the ketchup, worcestershire sauce, mustard and remaining soup; bring to a boil.
- 6Cook and stir for 2 minutes.
- 7Return patties to skillet.
- 8Cover and simmer for 15 minutes or until meat is no longer pink.
- 9Serve patties and gravy over noodles. Garnish with parsley if desired.
Browse Our Top Meat Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Meat Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Salisbury Steak and Onion Gravy
Serving Size: 1 (340 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 552.5
- Calories from Fat 202
- Total Fat 22.4 g
- Saturated Fat 7.8 g
- Cholesterol 158.7 mg
- Sodium 845.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 54.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.7 g
- Sugars 5.1 g
- Protein 32.5 g