Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
another salsbury steak recipe with a tang
- 1 egg
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can condensed French onion soup, undiluted, divided
- 1⁄2 cup dry breadcrumbs
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 pinch pepper
- 1 1⁄2 lbs ground beef
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 1⁄4 cup ketchup
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1⁄2 teaspoon prepared mustard
- 6 cups hot cooked egg noodles
- chopped parsley (optional)
- In a large bowl, beat egg.
- Stir in 1/2 cup of soup, bread crumbs, salt and pepper.
- Add beef; mix gently. Shape into six oval patties.
- Brown in a skillet over medium heat for 3-4 minutes on each side.
- Remove and set aside; discard drippings. In the skillet, combine flour and water until smooth; add the ketchup, worcestershire sauce, mustard and remaining soup; bring to a boil.
- Cook and stir for 2 minutes.
- Return patties to skillet.
- Cover and simmer for 15 minutes or until meat is no longer pink.
- Serve patties and gravy over noodles. Garnish with parsley if desired.
I followed the recipe exactly, except we had riced potatoes instead of noodles. Very good and an easy recipe. Thanks for posting!
I've made several times HOWEVER, you need to use LEAN GROUND BEEF though. IF this is the same magazine recipe, it calls for ground round.