Shawn C's Note:
This is a unbelievable recipe with a rich dark brown gravy, lots of mushrooms and super tender steaks.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 453.59 g ground chuck
- 283.49 g can cream of mushroom soup
- 59.14 ml breadcrumbs (or a little more if needed)
- 1 egg, slightly beaten
- 118.29 ml onion, chopped
- 4.92 ml steak seasoning, of choice
- 14.79 ml olive oil
- 29.58 ml butter, divided
- splash cognac (optional) or whiskey (optional)
- 226.79 g mushrooms, fresh sliced
- 709.77 ml water
- 9.85 ml beef base
- 0 brown gravy mix (i use mccormick)
- 1sautee onions in a large and deep skillet in a small amount of olive oil just until tender.
- 2in bowl add beef, bread crumbs, egg and 1/4 of cream of mushroom soup and onion. mix well and form into 6 patties.
- 3into the skillet melt 1 Tbsp butter add 1 Tbsp olive oil. brown patties in skillet on both sides. over medium high heat. remove from skillet to a plate.
- 4drain grease out of skillet, add 1 tbsp butter and splash of the cognac or whiskey (if you opt out of the alcohol just use a splash of the water).
- 5add mushrooms to skillet and cook 7-8 minutes.
- 6while mushrooms are cooking mix the beef base and gravy mix with the water with a whisk.
- 7add the liquid to the skillet and the rest of the mushroom soup and whisk until combined. return the beef to the skillet. cover and simmer 25 minutes basting occasionally and turning once.
- 8serve with cooked rice.
Browse Our Top Meat Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Meat Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Salisbury Steak and Mushroom Gravy
Serving Size: 1 (314 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 309.9
- Calories from Fat 206
- Total Fat 22.9 g
- Saturated Fat 8.8 g
- Cholesterol 93.3 mg
- Sodium 470.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 8.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.8 g
- Sugars 2.3 g
- Protein 16.9 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
brown gravy mix