Prep 5 mins
Cook 20 mins
This recipe is courtesy of Kathy Flake, who blogs every Wednesday about food in her blog What Do I Know? (http://whatdoiknow.typepad.com) She is very funny and despite the title of her blog, she knows a lot about a lot of things. Check her out - you will enjoy her. This is delicious and even satisfies my carnivorous sons-in-law.
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 8 ounces Gimmie Lean soy product (burger-flavor)
- 1 cup soy crumbles (I like Morningstar Farm)
- 1⁄4 cup breadcrumbs
- 1⁄2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cajun seasoning
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic powder
- black pepper, to taste
- 2 cups gravy (Try Nutritional Yeast Vegan Gravy)
- Mix Gimme Lean, crumbles, breadcrumbs, and seasonings until combined.
- Form oval-shaped patties. Fry in oil (or use cooking spray) on both sides until brown. (They may stick to the pan; if so, pry them off gently.).
- Add 1/4 cup water, cover, and steam until the water evaporates, about 10 minutes.
- Pour gravy over the top and simmer for another 5 minutes or so, or until your potatoes are ready. (You were planning to serve mashed potatoes with this, weren't you?).