Prep 10 mins
Cook 40 mins
I love salisbury steak - my kids didn't, until this recipe. We serve this with mashed potatoes, mushroom gravy, and broccoli. Note: This makes a dense meat patty, unlike a meatball recipe.
- 2 lbs ground beef
- 2 cups old fashioned oats, uncooked
- 4 tablespoons parsley, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup onion, finely chopped
- 2 eggs
- 1⁄2 cup mushroom, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon thyme
- 1 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- 1 teaspoon allspice
- 1 teaspoon nutmeg
- Mix all ingredients well.
- Shape into 6 to 8 oval shaped patties.
- Place on baking sheet and bake at 350 degrees for 30 to 40 minutes.