Recipe by Laura Bruce
This delicious recipe, from Taste of Home, has become one of my freezer staples.
Top Review by **Tinkerbell**
Thank you for sharing this recipe! It was easy and had wonderful flavor. I had forgotten to purchase egg noodles at the grocery store and didn't have enough time to make my own pasta, so i served the steak and gravy over mashed potatoes instead. Very tasty!
- 1 egg
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can condensed French onion soup, undiluted,divided
- 1⁄2 cup dry breadcrumbs
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 pinch pepper
- 1 1⁄2 lbs ground beef
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 1⁄2 cup ketchup
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1⁄2 teaspoon prepared mustard
- 6 cups hot cooked egg noodles
- chopped fresh parsley (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large bowl, beat egg.
- Stir in 1/3 cup of soup, bread crumbs salt and pepper.
- Add beef; mix gently.
- Shape into six oval patties.
- Brown in a skillet over medium heat for 3-4 minutes on each side.
- Remove and set aside; discard drippings.
- In the skillet, combine flour and water until smooth; add the ketchup, Worcestershire sauce, mustard and remaining soup; bring to a boil.
- Cook and stir for 2 minutes.
- Return patties to skillet.
- Cover and simmer for 15 minutes or until meat is no longer pink.
- Serve patties and gravy over noodles.
- Garnish with parsley if desired.
- Serves 6.
- To freeze, freeze the meat patties in the gravy.
- Don't freeze with the noodles, (cook the noodles fresh when serving).
- Use a plastic zipper freezer bag and squeeze out all the excess air before sealing.
- Or freeze in plastic containers, filled to within 1/2 inch of the top.
- To serve, defrost then reheat in the microwave until hot.