Recipe by Dianne Clewien
I got this from a old Mennonite Cookbook that was passed on to me by my late mother in law. I tweaked it just a bit to had more flavor. This is as close to a perfect salisbury steak as I have ever eaten. It has an onion flavor all through it with out having the texture of onions. My grandchildren just loved it.
Top Review by healthy cook for 8
I also found this recipe to be very salty. I think it was the onion soup mix in the sauce, because I tasted the burgers without the gravy on it and they were delicious.
- 1 lb ground beef
- 2 packages dry onion soup mix
- 1 cup breadcrumbs
- 1 egg, slightly beaten
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 2 cups water
- 1 can mushroom (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Thoroughly mix beef, 1 pkg soup mix,bread crumbs and egg.
- Shape firmly into patties about 1/2 inch thick.
- Brown in skillet.
- Mix remaining pkg soup mix and flour in the water, pour over the patties.
- Add mushrooms (if desired).
- Cover and cook over low heat for 20 minutes.
- Stir occasionally.