Prep 1 hr 30 mins
Cook 30 mins
Homemade salisbury steak
- 21 ounces condensed French onion soup
- 1 1⁄2 lbs ground beef
- 1⁄2 cup breadcrumbs
- 1 large egg
- 1 small onion (diced)
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon mustard powder
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1 tablespoon pepper
- In saucepan, blend flour and all but ⅓ cup french onion soup, worcestershire sauce, and mustard powder until smooth, simmer on low heat until (2-3/10) patties are browned (about 30 mins).
- In a large mixing bowl, mix ⅓ cup french onion soup, ground beef, bread crumbs, egg, onion, salt and pepper.
- Shape into 4-6 patties.
- Brown the patties over medium heat (4/10) pour off excess fat.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees with about 10 minutes left on the patties.
- Line the casserole dish with aluminum foil, put the patties in the dish, and pour the sauce over the patties.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes.