Recipe by ellie_
Weenjoyed this recipe served with veggies and a salad. Would be great over noodles though. Recipe source: Cuisine At Home
- 1 1⁄4 lbs ground beef
- 1⁄4 cup parsley, chopped
- 2 tablespoons scallions, minced
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons flour
For the sauce
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 cups onions, sliced
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 2 cups beef broth
- 1⁄4 cup red wine
- 3⁄4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried thyme
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine first 5 ingredients (beef - pepper) and then divide into 4 portions and shape into patties.
- Place 2 T flour in a shallow dish and dredge patties in flour; reserving 1 tsp flour.
- Heat oil in skillet over medium high heat and add patties; browning 3-5 minutes on each side. Remove from pan.
- Add onions and sugar to pan; cook stirring for 5 minutes.
- Stir in garlic and tomato paste; stirring until it begins to brown (1 minute). Sprinkle with reserved flour and cook another minute.
- Stir in broth, wine, salt and thyme.
- Return meat to pan and bring sauce to a boil. Reduce heat to medium low, cover and simmer for 10 mintues or until meat is done.