Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
This is a tasty, weekday meal. I think you could easily omit the salt since the soup provides plenty of sodium.
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can condensed French onion soup
- 1 1⁄2 lbs ground beef
- 1⁄2 cup dry breadcrumbs
- 1 egg
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1⁄4 cup ketchup
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dry mustard
- In a large bowl, mix together 1/3 cup condensed French onion soup with ground beef, bread crumbs, egg, salt and black pepper.
- Shape into 6 oval patties.
- In a large skillet over medium-high heat, brown both sides of patties. Pour off excess fat.
- In a small bowl, blend flour and remaining soup until smooth.
- Mix in ketchup, water, Worcestershire sauce and mustard powder.
- Pour over meat in skillet.
- Cover, and cook for 20 minutes, stirring occasionally.