Recipe by mama smurf
I know there are a lot of salisbury steak recipes out there but this is one my daughter makes a lot and I really enjoy it and don't want to lose the recipe. The gravy is delicious over mashed potatoes or noodles.
Top Review by NELady
This was comfort on a plate. I followed the recipe as written. I kept my patties warm in the oven while I finished up making the gravy sauce (which was yummy). I selected this recipe to try because it didn't include cream of mushroom soup (which I didn't have in the pantry). I'm glad I made this one!
- 453.59 g lean ground beef
- 78.07 ml dry breadcrumbs
- 59.14 ml onion, chopped
- 1 minced garlic clove
- 1 egg, beaten
- 2.46 ml Worcestershire sauce
- 4.92 ml salt
- 1.23 ml pepper
- 473.18 ml beef stock
- 1 large onion (sliced thin)
- 236.59 ml mushroom, sliced
- 1000.0 ml minced garlic clove
- 44.37 ml cold water
- 44.37 ml cornstarch
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine beef, bread crumbs, egg, onion, garlic salt, pepper and worcestershire sauce.
- Shape into 4 patties about 3/4 inches thick.
- Cook patties in skillet in a little oil for 10 minutes, or until both sides are brown.
- Add stock, onion slices, mushrooms and garlic to skillet.
- Heat to boiling, then reduce heat, cover, and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Remove patties from skillet. Keep warm.
- Bring onion mixture to a boil.
- Combine water and cornstarch.
- Add to onion mixture, bring to boil, stirring constantly, for 1 minute.
- Put meat back into pan to warm up and cover with sauce then put on a platter and serve.