Prep 5 mins
Cook 40 mins
A rose by any other name . . . I often wonder just how many names they can use for hamburger. Well, here is another one and I believe you will like it.
- 1 1⁄2 lbs hamburger
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can cream of mushroom soup
- 1⁄4 cup onion, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup breadcrumbs
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄3 cup water
- Mix hamburer with 1/4 cup of the soup and add onions, bread crumbs, egg, salt & pepper. Be sure to mix thoroughly.
- Shape into 6 salisbury steaks and place in baking dish. Bake 350°F for 30 minutes. Remove from oven and spoon off excess grease.
- Now combine remaining soup with water and pour over steaks.
- Return to oven and bake an additional 10 minutes.
This was really tasty! I only had a 1lb pack of ground beef so adjusted the rest of the ingredients to fit. The only thing I would have liked is to have more gravy; we didn't serve with mashed potatoes, but if I do in the future I will add another can of soup so there is enough sauce for the meat and potatoes. Made for Spring PAC 2013.
My family loved this recipe. My husband has always been a fan of that nasty salisbury steak they sell in the freezer aisle, but I refused to eat anymore of it. So, I pulled up this recipe and voila, salisbury happiness! I have made this a few times now and I never get requests for the frozen mess anymore :)