Recipe by Gagoo
A rose by any other name . . . I often wonder just how many names they can use for hamburger. Well, here is another one and I believe you will like it.
Top Review by AZPARZYCH
This was really tasty! I only had a 1lb pack of ground beef so adjusted the rest of the ingredients to fit. The only thing I would have liked is to have more gravy; we didn't serve with mashed potatoes, but if I do in the future I will add another can of soup so there is enough sauce for the meat and potatoes. Made for Spring PAC 2013.
- 1 1⁄2 lbs hamburger
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can cream of mushroom soup
- 1⁄4 cup onion, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup breadcrumbs
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄3 cup water
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix hamburer with 1/4 cup of the soup and add onions, bread crumbs, egg, salt & pepper. Be sure to mix thoroughly.
- Shape into 6 salisbury steaks and place in baking dish. Bake 350°F for 30 minutes. Remove from oven and spoon off excess grease.
- Now combine remaining soup with water and pour over steaks.
- Return to oven and bake an additional 10 minutes.