Prep 10 mins
Cook 35 mins
A recipe I want to try but haven't made it yet. Found it on the internet but don't remember where. I am guessing on the prep and cook time
- 1 lb lean ground beef
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1⁄4 cup Worcestershire sauce
- 2 teaspoons McCormick's Montreal Brand steak seasoning
- 1 1⁄2 cups fresh sliced mushrooms
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 -2 tablespoon flour
- 14 ounces beef broth
- MIx the ground beef, onions, Worcestershire Sauce, and seasonings together in a bowl.
- Make patties.
- In a hot skillet sear ad cook the patties until almost done.
- Take patties out of skillet and put on a plate and wrap them in foil -- the foil and heat trapped will continue cooking the burgers.
- put the butter in the skillet with the pan drippings, and throw in your mushrooms. Once the mushrooms are browned add the flour and cook until all the flour is incorporated into the butter.
- Add the can of beef broth and stir, cook until thickened -- add the burgers back into the skillet/ or pour gravy over them.
- Can serve over brown rice/ mashed potatoes/ noodles.
Yum, that was good! I really didn't expect much b/c I was low on certain ingredients... but even so, it was good. We used german angel hair egg noodles. I'll make it again with more love next time. Thanks for sharing!
DH loved these salisbury steaks! I used 1 pound of ground sirloin and had five small patties. The 1 cup of onion for us was a little to much so I would add less next time. Used baby portabellas that I sliced and than cut in half. The pan juices and beef broth make a wonderful gravy! I added the patties back into the pan and let the gravy thicken. Served with Trudski2010's Recipe #286045 #286045, so good!! Made and reviewed for PAC Fall 2008.