Recipe by cookee monster
This is a version from a Campbell's cookbook. My husband hates mushrooms that he can see. I omitted the fresh mushrooms from this recipe. It's still very good without.
Top Review by ShortieNJ
this was so easy...and so good. I made this using the oven method, used dried onions since i was feeling lazy, and left out the mushrooms since the boyfriend doesn't like them when he knows they're there. This is a definite keeper. Thaks for posting
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can Healthy Request cream of mushroom soup
- 1 lb lean ground beef
- 1⁄3 cup dry breadcrumbs
- 1⁄4 cup onion, finely diced
- 1 egg
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 1⁄4 teaspoon beef bouillon granules
- 1 1⁄2 cups fresh mushrooms (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix in bowl ground beef, 1/4 c of soup, onion, bread crumbs and egg.
- Shape into 6 patties.
- You can cook these 2 ways. (1) Brown these in a skillet over medium-high heat until patties are brown on both sides. Remove patties from pan and drain fat. To pan add remaining soup, water and bouillon. Add mushrooms if using. Bring to boil. Add patties to pan and reduce heat to low. Cover and cook 20 minutes or until no longer pink, turning occasionally. These will sometimes break apart when turned. (2) In a 9x13 pan bake patties for 40 minutes at 350 degrees. Drain fat from pan. Mix together remaining soup, water, bouillon and mushrooms if using. Pour over patties and bake another 10 minutes.
- Serve over rice or noodles.
- This freezes very well. Cook first, freeze, thaw and reheat in either the microwave or in a skillet.